Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Friday 25 February 2011

Paper Shelter #2 Red and Paper Romance Challenge #39 Anything Goes

Before I start with the cards I would just like to thank you for the lovely comments you made about Sian and her dress. You might have guessed that I would shed another tear but she looks so beautiful. The date is now certain - 27 May 2011, Ladies Pavillion, Central Park, New York. It is going to be wonderful.

The anti-inflammatories are making my tummy roil and I feel as if I'm going to throw up but the good news is the pain in my knee has reduced. Gungy finger feels great too. I have been crafting steadily as I find this a good distraction from whatever symptom is uppermost.


The Paper Shelter #2

I love this little kitty on her cushion from the Paper Shelter. Her collar is made of German Glass Glitter as is the edge of the circular, computer generated sentiment. The backing paper is Summer Driggs Angel Mother Red Paper on photo paper and it is matted onto red cardstock. The lace, red ribbon, red rose, gems and the brad in the sentiment are from my stash. I tried to run my sentiment of on red cardstock but it was not very crisp so I coloured up one on white card. The characters are much sharper even if the colouring is not even. I have also entered this card into Chrissieanns Animal Card Challenge on Docrafts as well as The Paper Shelter Challenge #2.


Paper Romance Challenge #39






The digital stamp, bees and the sentiment are from the Help for Katie Pack 2 and  called Honey Bear by D2D. They are available to buy at the Help for Katie blogsite for which there is a link in my sidebar. The two orange backing papers are from the Summer Driggs Dreamsicle set. This same card was used to mount the ribbon and the sentiment and to make the faux photo corners. Promarkers were used to colour up the image and the bees; the layout is Clare Curds. The ribbon is from my stash and the gems are from Anita's Gem Wheel. As well as the Paper Romance Challenge #39 I am entering this in the Clare Curd Sketch Challenge on Docrafts.

I'm off to get ready to go out to lunch at Fir Tree with my Mum. I don't feel much like eating but Mum doesn't get out unless one of us takes her and both of us look forward to our treats so I will go easy on my tummy. Cheerio for now,

13 comments:

  1. Hi Hazey, fabulous card love what youve done with that image, and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazey, you've certainly been busy with these two cards, and both of them are great. Love the lace on the top card and all those bees buzzing around on the second one, nice touch. Thanks for joining us this week at TPS and also PRC.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards Hazel - how cute is that cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cute card you have done. Really sweet and lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenge blog this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. two gorgeous cards Hazel, the bear is really sweet, I love the kitty, thank you for joining in this week with us at TPS, good luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, as ever! Hope you enjoyed the Fir Tree!! And I particularly like all the little bees on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards Hazel, have to say I love that cat!
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE cards! That kitty is just too cute!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this is cute! Great work :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at TPS......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card I love the smug kitty on the cushion lol thanks for joining us this week @ The Paper Shelter xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards hazel and your daughter looks lovely in her dress you are entitled to a tear or two
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such cute cards! I adore the little bear one, but I have a thing for bears!

    I have a little something for you because of your recent comment on my digistamp...If you could email me, I will send you the link!

    ReplyDelete