Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Wednesday 23 February 2011

DoCrafts Gallery 5th Birthday Challenge

The challenge at Docrafts that I mentioned yesterday was to commemorate the 5th Anniversary of the first posts on the Docrafts gallery. The challenge was to make a card out of what was available then so there were lots of no-no's. I didn't think that I could make a particularly nice card but the host also gave is some useful ideas; things associated with 5th anniversaries include wood, silver, turquoise and daisies.


This card is 12cm square, made from an off cut of the A3 white card I used to make the box lid yesterday. I used blue floral paper from Kate Knight which I thought looked daisy-ish and then added turquoise butterflies and Woodware flowers with a button from my stash (using my trusty hot glue gun). The card has a silver peel-off border as does the sentiment panel. The sentiment is a peel-off and is decorated with little left-over pieces of peel-offs. I used the same little bits to make the butterfly flight trails too. I had thought of using peel-offs, exclusively, in this challenge, as I have loads. However, I did not have as many in silver as I had supposed and ditched the idea.  I am pleased that I was able to make use of  silver leftovers though and felt very 'crafty' doing so.

My finger, in its wrinkly dressing, looks horrible, but I am not managing to get any sympathy from Mr H - he is washing up since I have been advised not to get the dressing wet, he'll find me some rubber gloves, I betcha.

Cheerio for now,

1 comment:

  1. Great card! You have done so well as this is a hard challenge imo, lovely! Ni x

    ReplyDelete