Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Back to craftland, just!

The previous blog was a bit 'down' for which I apologise but maybe it was not the best idea to try to come up with thoughts when I'd been to a funeral. Couldn't even be bothered to root through my stash for inspiration! Curled up under my throw with the new 'Oor Wullie' annual and nodded off; well, it was very cold and I needed to get warm.

Two days later and it is still very cold; no snow but the roads and pavements are doubling up as ice-rinks. The poor postie has been slipping and sliding all over the show! I stayed in yesterday and joined in some challenges on the Docrafts site. However the first image is of a carton I made on Sunday for a bag of handmade chocolates.


Crafted this from left over card strips and Papermania 12" double sided Christmas Pack paper and some digi stamp poinsettias from Becky Muir which I  resized and decoupaged, front and back.

The card which follows is Lisa's ( http://onehappylittlecrafter.blogspot.com)  Docraft challenge for a Tilda image where there is a restriction to use mainly white and to include some pearl element.


You must know I love my Promarkers, and my collection increases one by one very slowly, so this was a challenge indeed. For Christmas Morning Tilda I used pastel blue, yellow, caramel and tan Promarkers for the socks, candle and hair respectively. She is raised off the swirly panel , which is embossed using the Craft Concepts Cottage Floral folder, on foam pads. This is matted onto a pearlised panel punched with my Martha Stewart punch duo. I made the flowers and white holly leaves and used pearls in the flower centres and some white organza ribbon to add interest. The top ribbon and bow, the card candy (JGD crafts) and the wee star buttons (Trimcraft) are pale blue but add a bit of interest as well and are allowed. Can you tell that I made a note of what I'd used? What a clever clogs, lol.

Today I am finishing off another challenge card; it's the digi challenge, which I love but the challenge is not to use your usual colouring medium in colouring the digi. Yikes, my promarkers will be striking! I used a set of watercolour pencils from Tesco and I am not too unhappy with the result but it's not a sharp result. You can judge for yourselves tomorrow.

I bought another Irma and Vieno digi from Mo Manning while in the process of buying a gift voucher for the lucky winner of the digi challenge I hosted on Docrafts. I hope to have them completed in time for tomorrow but it's likely I will face lots of distractions! I think I have picked up a bug as I have a constant feeling of nausea and a sharp headache and dreadful wind (hem hem) - it's nothing much but very inconvenient; I'm not going out to the accompaniment of my own trumpet section!!!

Yes folks, we have reached the lowest point when I resort to 'toilet' humour, so I will wish you all a good day and cheerio for now!

Hazel x

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog while searching for the Becky Muir digistamps you referred to on your docrafts gallery. I love your Girl Spy! Great that you enjoy Oor Wullie - brings back happy childhood memories and I hope lifted you out of your sadness.

    ReplyDelete