Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Two Chocolate Coloured Cards

Over on Docrafts, Susie is running a Tilda card challenge where the brief is chocolate in any form- card, paper, ribbon etc. I didn't have much in my stash of that description so it was an excuse to shop. Ever since my friend Bernadette sent me my first Tilda stamp, I have been taken with Tilda.
This is Tilda with bundle, coloured with Promarkers and matted onto three layers of card; plain, milk and white chocolate. The buttons pick up the same theme. Used the wide blue ribbon to compliment the jeans and the sentiment border and looped ribbon at the back of the sentiment to make the rosette. This was very fiddly but it jazzed up a rather dull sentiment.




Card #2 was a bit more frilly; Tilda with Shopping where I introduced a touch of orange - who doesn't love a Chocolate Orange! I matted the image onto card which had already been embossed with a rose design and then onto chocolate shimmer card. The image is coloured with Promarkers and the box of chocs is highlighted with Glossy Accents and has ribbon threaded though the back so that it can slide up and down. Added a wee touch of bling to the flower centres and at the four corners of the sentiment panel. I love using shiny card but I just cannot seem to photograph it well.

I have entered Ginny's digi challenge on Docrafts where the brief is simple; use a cat digi stamp. I don't do cats, not because I dislike them but because they make me sneeze and wheeze but I should be okay with the digi sort. I shall be checking out some sites later on.

Had a nice long chat with Uncle Bill yesterday evening; he had been receiving visitors and condolences all afternoon but still had time for a chat. He has support aplenty from his family and neighbours - he cast his kindness into the community and when he needed it, it was returned without question. I think that says it all really.

My sister Morag and I are going to take a jaunt to Hobbycraft in Warrington today and then of to M&S at Gemini so I'm off to get ready.

Love, Hazel x

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely day today, did you buy anything nice or were you able to resist the temptation in HC!

    Great cards, love the colours and the images are lovely!

    Hugs

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel

    Have found you, landed and now stalking.

    Can so identify with the comments in your last post, although an only child, the eldest female cousin in a large family brings the same expectations.

    As a starting point I always apolgise for my atrocious spelling, I have MS and keyboards and my fingers have a love hate relationship, the minds willing, the rest reluctant.

    Have a good day and so pleased you are one of my winners.

    B x

    ReplyDelete