Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Monday 7 February 2011

Kimono card, copied From Kevin (A 'Sun' Headline if ever I saw one!)

Good morning from a very gusty Merseyside. The sun is shining tho' and all looks well for a bit of shopping later on........

I have a card to share which I made for no other reason than I saw an example on Kevin's blog, click here to travel to McCrafty's blog and look at his gatefold card with insert. I have called mine a Kimono card because I covered it in paper from Dovecrafts Oriental range and used the coordinating stamps. When closed the card screamed 'kimono' and so I just had to give it a ribbon 'obi' with a beautiful coral headed pin from the Ribbon Girl. Of course the Obi would be at the back of a Kimono but I have allowed myself some poetic license.



I wish I could organise layouts on this blog but I am at the mercy of my appalling lack of comprehension regarding technology. Rubbish in, rubbish out - I know it's my fault but the harder I try, the worse it gets. The stamped images were coloured up with watercolour pencils & pens & some other markers but I feel the results are not as satisfactory as I wanted. I just feel that I rely on my Promarkers and should really try to extend my skills with other colouring mediums. I fancy trying distress inks but it may be costly and I'll have to save up.

Sorry for the abrupt departure yesterday but Morag's internet went down so she rushed here to use our wireless connection with her laptop as she has a heavy working week this week and wanted to get her cyber business sorted as she may not get the chance till next week. Our wireless connection splits the signal between users and sometimes the signal strength is weak with just me & Mr H using it and we lose connection so I shut down so that she could get onto the net and get finished before shooting off  to Mums for lunch and then to work!

Why I felt I had to explain, you can lay at the door of  'Miss Manners'! Cheerio for now,


2 comments:

  1. Wow Hazel your card is fabulous, i like the oriental papers and images, you have done a great job, they are fun to make glad you had a go.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous oriental card Hazel, the ribbon adds such a beautiful colourful touch
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete