Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Sunday 6 February 2011

Docrafts Challenges.

Spent yesterday afternoon stamping and masking with post-its and getting generally filthy but as I said to Bernadette, it's a good excuse for being mucky. I am generally a clumsy type; body trying to catch up with brain, brain full of cunning plans - you get the picture. I am always dishevelled but stamping makes me grubby but legitimately so. I also found that standing up to stamp gives a much better result - my back doesn't like standing still so I was up and down like a yo-yo and now my knees are pointing out just how much they don't like that sort of treatment!

I haven't made anything yet from the panels I stamped so will share two cards I made earlier for challenges on Docrafts.
This is an idea for Clares Inspiration Challenge. She asked us to take inspiration from a photograph of a station with its ironwork etc. I was in two minds about entering but when I saw this set of Kars Clearstamps in Crafts 4 U 2 Do, an idea came to me. When I was small my Mum used to take us regularly to Dunfermline to visit my Auntie Margaret. We used to go either from Waverley Station or the Haymarket. What struck me was that there were birds high up under the iron rafters and glass roofs. Birds, indoors it seemed to me, in a giant cage.
I used the stamps to heat emboss the bird and birdhouse in black and white on the opposite colour of card. I made a card blank from black card and then randomly stamped the caged bird in black ink over a slghtly smaller square of white card stock. The greeting was handmade with a black ribbon cut from the inside of one of my jumpers. (the two bits that hold the garment onto a hanger more securely) I added some decoration to the inside 'cos you can't write succesfully on black card.
This is for the Digi Challenge on Docrafts using an image and sentiment from Making Our Mark. We had a limited amount of items we could use and this is my effort!

My sister has arrived and wants to use the Internet so I will say cheerio for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment