Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy, Happy, Happy New Year.

Excited much? My baby girl got engaged! Sian is now affianced to Dan and so now both our daughters are prospective brides. I cannot stop the tears of joy. Parents just want happiness for their children and me and Mr H couldn't be more pleased.

That lovely news made up for the fiasco that I had (not) planned for our Hogmanay - just me & Mr H at home. Quaffed the bubbly stuff and had planned to send up a Chinese lantern which I had painted with our hopes for the family for 2011. It was awkward to ignite but after about 5 muns the whole thing caught fire!!! Hopes went up in flames; Mr H roaring with laughter and me gutted. The moral being never to try anything mildly complicated after a bottle of Cordonui. Another year older but no wiser, so what's new?

I made a card with my new stash and the old stash that I have unpacked. It is for Clare's Challenge on the Docrafts site.



I used the free stamps and embossing folder which came with Issue 25 of the Docrafts Creativity magazine. Heat embossed the stamp with holographic powder and coloured with Promarkers. Used my new Martha Stewart doily lace punch for the 'ribbon' and Coredinations cardstock and Honey & Hugs paper. Just had to add my flowers which I made using new PM flower punches and jewels from the Anitas 3mm jewel wheel.

For those who are observant I also bought a watermark and have been instructed on how to use it from Lynne Salmon. I have a link to her site in my sidebar if you want to pop over! She was very kind to take the trouble to help me and increase my ability with technology. Lynne deserves my heartfelt thanks!

I am away to make a card for Sian and Dan; I hope Mo has a suitable digi! Cheerio for now and the very warmest of wishes for an inspirational 2011, Hazel x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card for clares challenge, yours is truly gorgeous, im off to make one inspired by it! :)
    Congrats on your fab family news and sorry about your lantern, at least the thought was there and thats the bit thats special!

    Naomi (hyper_ni, DC) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hazel - congrats to your daughters and you .... how funny my daughter got engaged on christmas morning!! and I immediately started thinking about Magnolia stamps and engagement cards ... what are we like lol xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete