Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Well, another Christmas Day, St Stephens Day and Boxing Day have passed and now we have Hogmanay to look forward to and 2011 to see in. I have had little chance to do anything except celebrate and I have not even had a chance to play with my pressies yet. Well, a little play - Morgan gave me a Japanese doll kit and I spent some of yesterday and some of today painting and decorating them. I ventured out to the town today as our kettle needed to be replaced - developed a leak - and it was pandemonium trying to get onto the Retail Park - my daughter reckoned it was the allure of the Next sale and sure enough all the traffic seemed to be heading there - I got a new energy efficient kettle which met with Mr H's approval, although he was unable to come out with us due to prior commitments watching footie on the TV.

Here are the Kokeshi I decorated.

They are similar in size to the Momiji dolls and the paint in the kit was a bit rubbish so I used my own and rather than use the decals provided I painted on the faces and the other bits. I think it looks better and I love the little cuties I have called Cherry-Cherry, China Blue, Smiles and Flower.

I have got some card ideas fomenting for the New Year, so bring on 2011.

Best wishes, Hazel x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hazel

    Super work as always and really nice to see something that little bit different.

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year and thank you for all your support in 2010.

    B x

    ReplyDelete