Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Wednesday 1 December 2010

The First Day of December

I am determined to get the gingerbread card on today.
Hooray, it's not the better of the two pics I took but I reckon that the other one was jinxed when it would not upload. I used my gingerbread man cookie cutter to make the large cookie and white gel pen to 'ice' it. The backing paper is a free on from Issue 21 of Creative Cardmaking and the recipe is from the Dairy Book of Home Cookery. The wee gingie lady was part of a set that my daughter Sian sent me and was the inspiration for my cunning plan. The sentiment reads: 'A warm kitchen and the smell of gingerbread..... Christmas is here!
This card is for Clare Curds weekly challenge on the Do crafts site. The digi stamp is from Mo Manning called Irma and Vieno go skiing and was coloured with Promarker and Diamond stickles. The card is 6" square and the stamp is matted on lavender spotted card and lavender card. I made the flowers after seeing a demo by Sheila Halliwell on Docrafts - I didn't have the tools but wanted to have a go and punched flowers out of the lavender cardstock with some pink and a pink gem in the centre and green card leaves. It was fun. The sentiment is a PM peel of on lavender card on double sided foam. The pearls are lavender and from my stash along with the ribbon. I then realised an ordinary envelope would not do with the flowers so I made a box from two A4 sheets of 250mg card, without a template, just a sketch and my score board. I had barely used the scoreboard till I started making the easel drawer cards but it is really useful for this sort of project.

Not much on today; I'm off to collect a prescription and then nip to my mums and get her to write her Christmas Cards for New Zealand then I can post them along with my own. No more snow from yesterday and if I get out of the street in the car, slide-free, the main roads are clear!

Wishing you all a great day, Hazel x

No comments:

Post a Comment