Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Monday 29 November 2010

Monday, Monday!

Everyone can sympathise with a busy Monday. No snow here yet but it tried, rather feebly, about 10am but now the sun is shining. Bitterly cold when I went into St Helens- I have decided to do my Christmas shopping guerrilla style. In, get what you want and out before the queues start to form. Going in early I was able to park for free too. I got the men's table presents (a small gift to open at Christmas lunch, a tradition that my family holds dear!) and Mark's present which I will send soon so that he gets it before going to Ireland. I also bought part of my sister Susan's gift. As long as the snows stays away I could do this for a couple of days and be finished!

I have posted a link to Brenda's Floral Fantasies blog as she is generously having a Blog Candy giveaway for December. She is also the inspiration behind my newest projects - Easel Drawer Cards, pics of which I will post below. I made the big one following her directions and decided that I could use it to put a CD or game in for Dan, my daughter's Signoth. (Significant other) Its hard to know what to call the men that my daughters have chosen when talking about them. I think of them as sons-in-law and now Mark is Morgan's fiance so I have decided Dan can be Sian's Signoth. When they first bought their home together my mum addressed a card to them as 'To Sian and her lover Dan'. Sian was a bit mortified and her voice reached a squeaking pitch when she rang to tell me of her Granny's perfidy!


This was made using a Cuddly Buddly Digi and paper from Papermania's Naughty and Nice. The lace, ribbon and embellishments are from my stash.

Mr H commented that the Drawer cards would be ideal for giving cash in at Christmas and so I had to make some more, only smaller!



Side View


The Tilda's were chosen by Mr H and I used the Naughty and Nice papers and some free papers from Creative Cardmaking. I can't remember who I got the Peas on Earth digi from but it was one of my first; if you know, please tell me and I will make a belated acknowledgement. (Thanks to Sally I can now tell you the stamp is from Whimsie Doodles!) I have really enjoyed making these so, thanks Brenda! (The smaller ones measure 11.5 cm square & the large one 15 cm square).

I have a plan for a gingerbread man recipe card which I am going to try out now, with luck I shall post it tomorrow.

Cheerio for the present, hugs, Hazelx

3 comments:

  1. Just blog walking and want to say hi to the owner, I'm enjoying reading your review/story

    thanks
    Watch TV Show Episodes Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel

    Oh wow, I really got you going there didn't. They are all super, so glad the tut worked OK for you.

    Sorry not visited in a few days, got optic neuritis again so computer limited to short bursts. Had those tuts part prepared, otherwise they would have had to wait till the eyes were functioning properly again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Hazel these drawer cards are just fabulous! I love your hubby's idea of using them to put money in, it's inspired! You've been very busy making so many - and nearly got your shopping done too! I'm impressed!

    I cracked up when I read what your Mum wrote to your daughter Sian and Dan - priceless!

    By the way, the Peas on Earth image is from Whimsie Doodles and I think you saw it on one of my cards from a while back. I love that image, it's brill isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete