Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Saturday 18 December 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas anyone?

I know that we British are parodied worldwide for always talking about the weather but honestly the snow has just been dumped on St Helens in such a short space of time that it's gobsmacking and worthy of a mention. And it is still coming down. Alright, there are places where snow is a permanent feature but in this part of the country we hardly get deep snow in this kind of quantity. Its all to do with topography and the gulf stream and protection from the Pennines and the Welsh Mountains.

I think me & Mr H will be stopping in - I can hardly see my car: it's just a huge white mound. No Chinese takeaway for us tonight - I don't expect they would consider delivery, lol.

Hope you are warm and safe, wherever you are, cheerio from me for now, Hazel x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel

    Much the same story here, looks lovely but not very practial when we all have so much to do at the moment - and we live 1.5 miles from the nearest road.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, hope you're staying warm and cosy! The snow looks pretty from the inside but I must admit I'm not hoping for a white Christmas as my daughter us supposed to be travelling from Edinburgh down to us on Christmas Eve!

    Anyway, I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas and lots of good things for 2011 xx

    ReplyDelete