Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Friday 26 November 2010

Friday fun!

Wow, had a great meal today at Fir Tree Farm with Mum - Roasted brisket ( an inch thick at least and so tender!) on a bed of pumpkin and thyme mash with veg (carrots, parsnip and cauliflower). It was over too soon! I haven't had such lovely brisket since my mother-in-law Maud died. She was a great cook and her Yorkshire puddings were legend - they looked like castles!

It was a bit scary approaching Kings Moss where Fir Tree is a the stone humpback bridge was closed for strengthening and they had erected a temporary bridge in its place. It looked like a piece of Mechanno construction, unlikely to carry the weight of my Punto. Mum commented after that she only got scared because she thought I had shut my eyes as I drove across! I drove slowly, convinced that the structure would collapse but my eyes were firmly fixed...... on the horizon! 

I am also posting a card to enter in the Pink Cat Design Studio Challenge.

The Kissing Penguins digi stamp is from Melissa at the Pink Cat Design Studio and it was one of the first digi's I ever bought or downloaded. I have made several cards using the kissing duo this year. The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added a touch of glitter glue (from a set of coloured  glitter glues from Tesco) 


I used Pastel Blue, Denim Blue, Lavender, Orchid, Black, Gold, Blush, Crimson and Pear Promarkers. The sentiment is one of my own and was coloured up with the Lavender Promarker. The image and sentiment were matted onto green snowflake paper and then onto black cardstock and then on to a 5" by 7" card  on which had been matted some red Core'dinations card. The snowflakes came from my stash but I don't know who made them. Apologies for the quality of the photography - it gets dark so fast at this time of year, lol.

I must get off and make our tea, unless Mr H is willing to do so (hugs sides with mirth!) so I will say cheerio for today!

Hugs, Hazel x






6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Hazel! I love that image too - it was also my first buy from PCS and I used it for hubby's card last year! Good luck with the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Hazel! I love those penguins kissing. I also love your avatar of Blythe!! Thanks for playing along in the PCS Holiday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your carddddddddd, is so sweet!!!!! Kisses!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Hazel! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. LOve your colours. Good Luck with the Challenge.
    Chrissyxx
    p.s. Thanks for your good wishes today lol. I will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cuuuteee...lovely penguin kisses...nice bling snow too...lovely card...
    I am just joining PCS Holiday Challenge my card is number 12, maybe you would like to see my Blog, thanks before...Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete