Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Monday 14 February 2011

More on the Docraft Challenge front!

Although Mr H and I are suffering from general malaise today I think it had a lot to do with us refusing to buy the car that we had put in for because we felt we had been misled. No-one likes confrontation and we had to put ourselves in its direct path yesterday. The misleading information posted on the  dealer's national website and apparently taken as gospel by the sales force, was  incorrect, but in fact had sold us (or sucked us in, depending on how forgiving you feel) on that particular model. Our sales rep had also given us incorrect advice which he later tried to deny and said that it was my mistake! Picture steam coming out my ears...

We were very frustrated especially when, seeing a potential sale going up the swanee, the salesman tried to find another model to sell  to us. We had to peel ourselves away one by one. So we are wallowing in self-pity for a bit and eating comfort food - me,  my homemade lentil soup, which Mr H, rather unkindly calls 'fart juice' and watching sappy films;  him, he's waging virtual war on some virtual planet and drinking coffee and eating fruit - whatever floats your boat.

Two cards for Docrafts Challenges

Front

This is for Kates Tilda Challenge, She asked for a different shape of card from our norm with pastel colours, ribbon, gem , buttons, bows etc I opted for an easel shape and ballerina Tilda. I used two frames that I cut out of blue coredinations cardstock and pink pearlised paper and backing paper from the Honey & Hugs range from Docrafts. Ribbon rosebuds and leaves are from Hobbycraft and the double ribbon and pearl gems are from my stash.

Flat piece and sentiment/stop


Whole card
The sentiment is from Lynne Salmons range and the blue and pink cardstock is coredinations. Eight pink mini buttons from Papermania were mounted on the sentiment with silicon glue.
The second card is for Jenbob's Penny Black Challenge. I own just  the one PB stamp which I recently bought from Crafts4U2Do so I had to enter.

Don't you just love the moosie!

Jen asked us to have red, white and blue predominating and we were to use one PB image, two ribbons, three backing papers and four gems. I embossed the blue and white panels; sanded the blue and swiped the white with the Dew Drops Danube Blue ink pad, doing the same with the sentiment panel.

Off to design a card for the new Club Challenge, cheerio for now,


3 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, what a tale of woe - does this mean that you don't have a car, or that you don't have a new car? Got a chuckle out of your husband's name for your lentil soup :) Nice batch of cards you've made recently and I can imagine how difficult it is to draw a sketch on the pc so you have my sympathy. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you werent meant to have that car for some reason...there will be something much better come along Im sure...your cards are stunning
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mina you werent meant to have that car, I hope you get one soon. both your cards are gorgeous.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete