Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Friday 18 February 2011

Docrafts Weekly Challenge

Just a quick post before I go out to lunch with Mum. We tend to eat so well that I must confess to a little replete nap, or forty winks, as Mum puts it, in the afternoon, which might come between me and a posting, lol.

Clares Weekly Inspiration Challenge 15 - 28 February 2011
This week was 'Inspiration' week where Clare gives a photo and invites you to take any element for inspiration. The photo was of a lovely branch of red leaves against the sky.

You don't get the full effect of the lovely Summer Driggs paper which I ran off the computer on photographic paper, giving it a gorgeous gloss, and which yelled out to be used for this challenge. I topped it with a Carnation from the La Pashe Build a Blossom Collection and a thank-you sentiment I made using a Dovecraft stamp and Glossy Accents.

 I was trying to capture the glossy look of the paper and at first I heat embossed the stamp in black but it didn't gel well with the card. Next I stamped in brown ink but it looked faded against the gloss - then my lightbulb switched on and I grabbed my bottle of Glossy Accents. It isn't perfect, one for the 'must do better' column, but it's the look I was after. The paper was the thing but I couldn't afford to run too much of it off ; not just pennies-wise but because I would be tempted just to keep it untouched. You wouldn't believe the wince when I put the sheet into my trimmer!

Cheerio for now, 

3 comments:

  1. a really lovely card Hazel, I like the flower and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real bright & cheerful card Hazel, so pretty. Love your blog too. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, just popped by your blog and i love it. Love this card for Clare's challenge too. I'm going to be a follower of yours now.
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete