Hazel - Girl Spy

Hazel - Girl Spy
Hazel - Girl Spy

Monday 15 November 2010

The middle-aged mind.

I have had another minor glitch with my computer, hence the lack of blog, but I think the secret might be to go on and get off quick before it can crash. Of course that's anthropomorphism only with electrics rather than animals. More than one person of my acquaintance has chuckled at my attitude that the computer has got it in for me! What they fail to understand is that I know it and I also know that it's me doing it to me. The more of a Jonah I think I am the more I become one - I'm confusing myself now. The point being that this is my coping strategy and it kinda works for me because I can talk nice and cajole and somehow it works. I think that anyone not female and not 50 or thereabouts wouldn't find this easy to grasp.

My mojo is slow to return but I put that down to reading. When I went'dark' Mr H introduced me to a Sci-fi series which he'd been keeping to himself and it is so good, I can't put it down. It's Fantasy genre to be more precise, "Shadows of the Apt" by Adrian Tchaikovsky. Mr H has 5 books in the series and is awaiting the 6th. We are a bit cautious about fantasy series' having engaged with the Robert Jordan 'trilogy' which has gone on for many more than 3 books and for years and we have just received the last book, co-authored as Mr J sadly passed away before completing it. Yes, I was rudely awakened early on Saturday morning by the man from Amazon who was delivering this huge final episode. Mr H didn't hear him and his excuse was that he had only ordered it the day before and didn't expect it and was going to tell me about it .....honest.

A sad piece of news was just relayed to me as I was typing this; my sister Morag just phoned to say that she had had to take her dog Miles to the vets and he had to be put to sleep and so she was terribly sad and upset. As was I since I was at the birth and helped to deliver Miles' siblings. He was the third generation of dogs which my sister had bred beginning with Dora, though Blanche to Miles. We had a pup from Dora's litter who we called Dash and he was a terrific family dog. Miles and his sibs were a mistake; Blanche got caught by a local, footloose mutt by the name of Lucky(!) and try as we might to separate them, Blanche got up the duff and had 6 live pups and 2 still born and me and my youngest daughter, Sian, helped her to whelp on the bathroom floor of my sisters flat in Marmion Road, Liverpool in February 1997. Morag had nipped out to find the vet but when she got back the event was nearly over except for Miles, the runt and pure white. Blanche was a golden retriever and had multi-hued offspring, thanks to Lucky, whose owner claimed he was a Tibetan terrier(!). Sian will be awfully upset when I tell her as she was so proud of herself that day!

Sad but a happy memory! And a note to end this blog with. Cheerio for now,

Hazel xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hazel

    Bag blogger here, can only apologise I've missed some posts, just not enough hours at the mo.

    Must try harder !!

    B x

    ReplyDelete